Thoughts: The renovations at my gym are finally complete! They’ve been puttering away at the free weight floor for the past month behind a huge plastic tarp. When the tarp came down, a whole expanded free weight floor was revealed. There are more benches now than a Greyhound station, and at least two extra racks of dumbbells, including the much-needed 17.5, 22.5, and 27.5 pounders that used to be available only on the Women’s floor.
It was a HUGE pain to have to run upstairs just to (hopefully) use the ONE pair of 17.5 lb dumbbells in the entire gym for my bicep curls, and then run right back down to finish the rest of my exercises. Now that the main floor has all of those middle increments, I won’t ever have to venture back up to the Estrogen Zone again!
Okay, I do have to go back up there just once. I want to test out the resistance bands they keep up there to see if it would be worthwhile to buy a band to keep at my desk at work or in my bag for a quick resistance workout when I’m away from home.
Anyone ever use bands with success? I’m thinking that a medium resistance band would be handy to keep around.
Nutrition: SGX Training Day eating pattern
(Details omitted by request)
Regular (Non-SGX) Daily Supplements: multivitamin with iron, calcium 500 + D
Water for yesterday: 12 cups
8:30 AM Steady-state treadmill (4 mph / 7-10% incline / 40 minutes)
9:10 AM Steady-state treadmill (6 mph / 0% incline / 5 minutes)
12:00 PM Upper body/back workout
8:00 PM Yoga Conditioning for Athletes DVD
The Awful Truth:
1. Only had three meals yesterday. 🙁
1. Increased weight on deadlifts, straight-arm pulldowns, bicep curls, and lying dbell rows.
2. Prepped a bunch of meals Sunday night.
3. Went grocery shopping at Albertson’s AND Publix to hit up the best deals. Got sweet potatoes for only 49 cents a pound (yay!), and frozen pollock and whiting for $3.99 each per 2 lb bag. Also splurged on 2 lbs of tilapia for $5.99 and 4 dozen large eggs at 79 cents a dozen. Extra lean ground beef was $2.39/lb as well…perfect for some chili. Cheap protein comes to those who check sales ads.
Short-term Goals (Still need to do these from last week, alas!):
1. Clean the bathroom and vacuum the apartment.
2. Organize my closet again.
3. File bills and receipts.
4. Make a schedule for after work DVD stretching workouts.