This morning I tackled half of the Yoga X workout. I didn’t fall over during any of the poses, but I can tell already that this is going to be my least favorite of the P90X series, simply because it takes FOREVER (90 minutes), and it’s incredibly slow moving. It’s an endless series of sun salutations to plank, upward dog, plank, push-up (yay!), downward dog, one leg raised to the sky, runner’s pose, warrior one, warrior two, and from there to a more specialized pose that changes after performing it once on each side. Repeat sun salutation through warrior poses and move on to next special twisty contortion.
It’s certainly hard for me to do since my flexibility is awful, but I kind of enjoy all of the stuff leading up to the last segment of each pose series. During that last bit, I just grit my teeth and hope I don’t keel over and squash one of my hovering cats. :tongue:
I will have to get up earlier to do this workout, too. It really does take forever. Other non-cardio workouts always feel like they zip by, but yoga apparently taps into the universal time stream and slows it down to a crawl. I only got through 45 minutes this morning, so I’m heading back to the apartment during lunch for some more spiritual pretzel time. I don’t know if this style qualifies as power yoga or not since I don’t have much experience with the different forms, but it does seem to be more strenuous than the Rodney Yee Yoga Conditioning for Athletes DVD I use periodically. That one holds the poses longer and doesn’t seem to require as much stamina or strength.
No updates yet on my (still) MIA Jungle Jam Bar. It is time to call up customer service directly for some one-on-one complaining. :mad2:
Nutrition: 1700 calorie low zig zag day
1: 1/3 c. (dry) oatmeal, 1/4 c. raisins, 3×1 omelette
2: 3.5 oz. grilled pollock, 1 c. veggies in oyster sauce, 1/2 c. rice
3: Oatmeal raisin protein muffin
4: Peanut butter banana shake w/1 T. flaxseed oil
5: Oatmeal tuna salad with 1/2 banana
6: 3/4 c. FF cottage cheese and large navel orange
Total: 1656 calories, 43.3% carb, 35.4% protein, 23% fat
Daily Supplements: multivitamin with iron, calcium 500 + D, 1 T. flaxseed oil
Water: 16 cups minimum
8:00 AM P90X Yoga X – 1st half
12:00 PM P90X Yoga X – 2nd half
3:00 PM 1 mile walk (4 mph / 15 minutes)
The Awful Truth:
1. Swapped out oatmeal tuna salad dinner with half of a spicy cool wrap without the tortilla and two chicken strips from Chik Fil A last night. Calories were still good to go. Glad I don’t like tortillas.
1. Day 5 of Official Office Candy Boycott. Am extending definition of “candy” to include cookies, cakes, doughnuts, pies and brownies, even on free day. Will save up free meals for stuff I really want–like mint choco chip ice cream and Donato’s personal size pizza with pepperoni, pineapple, and jalepeno peppers.
2. Did some really weird bendy yoga moves this morning and didn’t fall on my head.
3. Chugged down 18 cups of water yesterday.
1. Finish design for P90X HanDbase module
2. Work on paper doll project.
3. Do thumbnails for 5-6 new prints.
4. Vacuum apartment.
5. Bag up clothes for Salvation Army donation.