– Follow Beachbody’s P90X “Extreme Home Fitness” DVD series using the “Classic” program
– P90X training is six days a week with one day off for recovery.
– Approximate calorie burn per P90X workout is 500-600 calories.
– Perform an additional 30 minutes of cardio (my choice of HIIT or LISS) three days a week on Tue/Thur/Sun for an additional 200-300 calories burned per session.
– Zig-zag calories: 1600-1700 calories on M/T/Th/F/Su and 1800-2000 calories on W/Sa for an average of 1721 calories per day.
– Six small meals a day. (Big surprise, I know.)
– Take only 2 free meals each week. May be used on Wednesday, Saturday, or Sunday in any combination.
– Calories must still be tracked for the free meals.
– Maintain macronutrient ratios at approximately 40-50% carb / 30-40% protein / 20% fat
– Absolutely NO trigger foods in the form of candy, cakes, pies, brownies, cookies, doughnuts, chips, salted nuts or boxed cereal (including Kashi GoLean and GoLean Crunch) permitted for the duration of the challenge, including free meals, unless they are healthy homemade versions with the proper macronutrient ratios.
– Raisins and unsalted nuts are permitted only as ingredients in recipes, not as standalone snack items.
– Substitutions of meals on the daily posted menu are permitted as long as the subbed meal is of equivalent quality and stats.
– Sugar-free Jello or popsicles are permitted as extra snack options if needed.
– Drink a minimum of 16 cups of water a day.
– Take one Calcium 500 + D, one multivitamin, and 1 T. flaxseed oil or flax seeds daily.
– Assess nutrition plan every 4 weeks and adjust calories as needed to achieve 0.5-1.0 lbs of fat loss a week.
– Target weight of 128-130 lbs in 9 weeks, or a scale weight loss of 7-9 lbs.
– Reduce body fat to 14-16%.
– Perform 8 full unassisted pull-ups.
– 60 consecutive perfect days (borrowed this one from Kyra :slappy:)
:wiz: Reporting and Misc.:
– Daily post will include workouts performed, calories eaten, macronutrient breakdown, and cups of water drunk.
– If all parts of the plan were followed the previous day, I will add another day to the total of consecutive “Perfect” days I have in my tally. Failing to follow the guidelines above will reset my total to zero.
– Measurements and photos will be taken on May 1, June 1, and July 1.
– Scale weight will only be taken once a week on Friday morning.
– No restarts although reasonable modifications for illness or injury are permitted.