1) The driver side mirror on my old 93 Honda Civic sedan is broken. Sometime Saturday when the car was parked in front of the office, someone either hit it and broke the adjustment mechanism inside so it no longer holds its position properly, or 12 years of relentless Florida sun and heat finally rusted/dry-rotted the innards. I have a folded up vinyl luggage tag wedged under the bottom edge of the mirror right now to keep it facing up and out enough to get by, but by default I now only get a spectacular view of the asphalt about 1 foot away from my car door. Grrr… I just looked up mirrors for my car on eBay, and it’s possible that a replacement would cost nearly as much as my car is worth!
Just kidding. Still $40 is quite a chunk of change for a bit of glass and plastic.
2) A serving of Chinese beef noodles will actually work as a regular meal under 50/30/20 macros.
Maggieâ€™s Homemade Beef Noodles Stats (with 1 c. spinach and 2 oz. Weichuan wheat noodles)
37 g carb
2.6 g fiber
28.1 g protein
5.8 g fat
2.0 g sat fat
Recipe will be posted when I get around to it. :tongue:
3) P90X Phase 2 Shoulders/Chest/Triceps is MUCH better than the Shoulders/Arms workout from Phase I. I just ran through it today, and I hit muscle failure in at two exercises. Woo! LOVE slow push-ups!
4) Either my butt is smaller than I thought, or swimsuit manufacturers are significantly increasing the size of their tops and bottoms while slapping vanity sizing numbers on them to make middle class American females feel better about their rapidly expanding backsides, because I had to get a size small in everything at Target this weekend when I stopped by to check out some of the surprisingly cute sale swimwear.
I couldn’t even find a single Isaac Mizrahi suit that fit properly–the fabric was just cut so large that everything was sagging on me, and I am NOT a teeny weeny girl. I laugh when I read customer reviews on the Isaac Mizrahi line on the Target web site claiming that the clothes fit true to size. True to size if you think 37-29-38.5 is a size 4 or 6! True to size if you are deluded about how much weight you’ve gained since you were 16 years old! IM’s stuff at Target runs as large as the gear you’d buy at Gap or Old Navy. Muumuu-esque HUGE. Such a pity, because I do like the cut and construction of his clothes. I’m just not wide or ample enough in the bust, beltline or booty to wear them now.
I did give the misses’ Mossimo and juniors Xhilaration suits a try, and did a bit better. Small tops and bottoms worked with those brands, thank goodness. There are a ton of swimwear separates now on the clearance racks for $7.49 or under, so if you live near a Target, you might want to hustle out there for a look-see. If you get lucky, you might find a top and bottom of the correct size amongst the mismatched remainders of small tops and extra large bottoms. I snagged a great sky/aqua bikini bottom (on sale) that will work with the bandeau V-halter I got last year and haven’t been able to wear because the old size 10 Newport News bottoms I had now sags like a loaded baby diaper on me.
5) Newport News also has some swimwear on sale, but unless you get their ShapeFX line, most of their tops aren’t padded to prevent the aggravation of nipping out from cold water or a stray breeze. Their sizes also run kind of large, so buyer beware! For the best deals, go to their clearance page and use the Deal Finder to locate either “one-piece” or “two-piece” apparel in your size and price range.
5/22/05 P&P Challenge Report
Consecutive Perfect Days = 22 :prop:
Total Perfect Days = 22/62
– 1615 calories eaten / -78 deficit
– 46.6% carb, 31.0% protein, 23.7% fat
– No unauthorized meals
– All supplements taken
– 16 cups water
– All planned workouts performed
Weekly Weigh-In: 135.8 lbs on 5/21/05 (Start weight on 5/1/05: 135.4)
Nutrition: 1600-1700 calorie mid zig zag day
1: Cran raisin bar
2: 3×1 spinach omelette, 1/3 c. (dry) oatmeal, 1 T. raisins
3: Chocolate caramel banana yogurt shake
4: Turkey sloppy Joe, 3/4 c. fiesta mixed vegetables
5: Beef noodle soup with 2 oz. noodles and 1 c. spinach
6: 3 oz. tuna, 1 c. strawberries, 2 c. spinach
Total: 1637 calories, 43.3% carb, 33.6% protein, 22.5% fat
Daily Supplements: multivitamin with iron, calcium 500 + D, 1 T. flaxseed oil
Water: 16 cups minimum
8:00 AM P90X Shoulders/chest/triceps/abs
The Awful Truth:
1. Only got 6 hours of sleep last night.
1. Did more dishes.
2. Returned sports bras to Target.
3. Finally replaced lightbulb in living room floor lamp. Have lived in darkness for 5 months now. 😳
1. Create P90X HanDbase module.
2. Work on Oasis 18 prints.
3. Cook more rice and roast chicken.
4. Pick up 20lb bag of Nutro Max cat food for the boys.
5. Finish Handbase tutorials 4, 5, and 6.