As annoying as the defacement attack two nights ago on my various web sites was, I’m kind of happy it happened. Sure, I had to give up Jade Empire for a day, but cleaning up the mess left by the hacker got me to update my scripts and patch up various security holes in my PHP-based sites, so some good came out of it. I’ve refreshed my memory of basic script editing, re-learned some UNIX commands while working through my SSH shell connection, and have enjoyed one of my favorite geekette activities: troubleshooting. I honestly haven’t had this much fun since the last time I had to format my home-built desktop system and re-install Win XP.
(No, I’m not being sarcastic. I do the backup/format/reinstall on my systems twice a year just to keep my computers nice and uncluttered. Optimization is fun!)
Apparently I’m one of those types who needs some degree of challenge or adversity in my life to keep me on my toes and push me beyond my normal state of comfortable inertia.
Maybe I need to start taking the leverage chapter of the Leanness Lifestyle a bit more seriously. 🙂
Nutrition: SGX Non-Training Day Menu
(Details omitted by request of trainer)
Daily Supplements: multivitamin with iron, calcium 500 + D, 1 T. flaxseed oil or natural peanut butter, 1 t. GNC Creastack
Water: 16 cups minimum
8:00 PM Cardio – HIIT Run (4.5-9 mph / 0% incline / 20 minutes)
8:20 PM Cardio – LISS Walk (3.5 mph/ 10% incline /40 minutes)
The Awful Truth:
1. Had a brownie. It had caramel swirls and walnuts.
2. Do not feel at all bad about #1. Just wished I’d had a second one.
1. Repaired web sites after hacker attack.
2. Backed up all data.
3. Installed updated scripts and security fixes.
4. Cooked more food.
5. Picked up groceries at the house.
1. Do one chapter of character modeling book.
2. Read two chapters of NASM book.
3. Play Jade Empire for only 2 hours.
4. Cook napa cabbage.
5. Toss out old, scary stuff in fridge.