After a bit of a delay, I took my first fitness test in Yourself Fitness yesterday since my initial assessment.
My push-ups (maxed–and I even did full push-ups, not the kneelies they let the chicks do), crunches (maxed), squats (maxed), and flexibility (not even close to maxed) remained unchanged, but both my resting and elevated heart rates were down from last time. Resting heart rate came in at 61 BPM this time from an initial value of 68 or so, and my elevated heart rate after 2 minutes of very vigorous jumping jacks was 158 BPM, down from 166 two weeks ago.
I also switched my long-term goal from Cardio to Weight Loss to see if the program changes in any way. The workouts are getting tougher because I keep telling Maya that her exercise segments were “No sweat” when she asks me for input. I actually wheezed a bit this morning when I did the regular workout. :prop:
Ye Gods…if they ever make a kickboxing/plyometrics version of Yourself Fitness, I’ll probably die of cardiac arrest.
Nutrition: Non-Training Day Menu
(SGX nutrition details omitted by request of trainer)
1: 1/2 c. FF cottage cheese, 1 apple, 1 T. oatmeal
2: 3×1 spinach omelette with oatmeal
3: 1/2 can tuna and small apple
4: 1/2 c. FF cottage cheese, 1/2 apple with cinnamon, 2 T. oatmeal
5: SGX Meal
6: SGX Meal
Daily Supplements: multivitamin with iron, calcium 500 + D, 1 T. flaxseed oil or natural peanut butter
Water: 16 cups minimum
8:00 AM Y!F Flexibility workout (30 minutes)
The Awful Truth:
1. Bailed on plyometrics. Got home too late and didn’t want to piss off my downstairs neighbors by leaping about like a crazy woman at 10 pm.
1. Still on track with diet.
2. Cooked chicken breast.
3. Improved cardiovascular endurance!
1. Upload HandBase workout module.
2. Go grocery shopping.
3. Defrost chicken leg quarters.
4. Cook all sweet potatoes and Napa.
5. Buy cheap plastic shelves from Target or Ghetto-Mart and move plants to balcony.
6. Re-do PDA schedule for the next month.