…must come to an end, and so it is with my 30 days of maintenance.
Time sure flies when you are eating 1800-2000 calories a day. 😆
Some people say that maintenance is tougher than losing weight. I think it is tougher…because it is too easy.
- It is too easy to say, “Hmm, I can afford the calories in that cookie since I get to eat 500 more per day than when I was cutting.”
- It is too easy to sleep in instead of hitting the gym bright and early for cardio since you don’t need to build up quite as much of a deficit through exercise.
- It is too easy drop your water intake to 6 cups a day from 16 since you no longer need to flush out your system for maximum fat loss.
- It is too easy to expand the 300-350 calorie maintenance meal you are supposed to eat into a 600 calorie double meal and miss others later in the day to make up for the earlier lapse.
- It is too easy to fall back into the “normal” eating patterns of your friends and family, especially in this holiday season.
- It is too easy to depend only on the scale and convince yourself that you’ve only gained a pound or two even when an objective look in the mirror and squeeze of a bicep tells you that you have clearly lost a some of the firmness in your muscles and definition in your abs.
- It is too easy to let inertia take over once the slide into laziness has begun; suddenly–for no logical reason–going to the gym and sweating seems hard all over again.
Maybe that is why so many people who have made fitness a lifestyle alternate between cutting and bulking with very little time in actual maintenance mode.
Another good thing that has come to an end is the life of Pee Wee the eggplant. I snipped him off of the main plant Sunday night, took a few pictures of him next to my tape measure, sliced him up, and sauteed him in some hoisin sauce with dried red peppers. Divine! I can’t wait until the other little eggplants are big enough to munch. Growing your own veggies rocks. 😀
Nutrition: Training Day Menu
(SGX nutrition details omitted by request of trainer)
1: 3 oz. chicken breast, 1 slice carrot raisin bread
2: Free meal
3: 3 oz. Cajun chicken, 1 c. raw yellow squash, 1/4 c. SF mushroom marinara sauce, 1 orange
4: 3 oz. chicken, 3 c. salad, 1 slice carrot raisin bread
5: 1 scoop whey/1 scoop dextrose PWO shake
6: Chicken, egg, tomato and spinach stir-fry, 1 c. globe grapes
Daily Supplements: multivitamin with iron, calcium 500 + D, 1 T. flaxseed oil or natural peanut butter
Water: 16 cups minimum
8:00 PM YF Cardio (30 minutes)
9:00 PM Legs/Abs (45 minutes)
The Awful Truth:
1. Got to bed a little later than planned at 12:30 am.
1. Moved frozen foods to the house.
2. Moved plants from patio to the front of house.
3. Cooked half of remaining chicken.
1. Update HandBase workout module.
2. Read two chapters from NASM book.
3. Work on holiday cards.
4. Pay rent and phone bills.
5. Cook other half of thawed chicken tonight.
6. Get gym ID card.
7. Drop off library book.