My blog posts, nutrition, and workouts have been all over the map this week because I am half in and half out of my apartment. Since I decided to accelerate my move to the new house, most of my cookware has headed north to Casselberry while the bulk of my perishable foods are still hanging out in southwest Orlando. I haven’t done my usual round of organized grocery shopping, and suddenly I am limited to salt, pepper, and red chili pepper flakes as seasoning in my apartment.
I just need to face the fact that piecemeal moving only drags out the torture, borrow Daddy Wang’s pick up truck this Saturday, grab Chris and his Forerunner, and bulk move the rest of my stuff out of the apartment in one or two big trips, leaving just the bed, a few clothes, disposable dinnerware, a nonstick wok, some cooking spray, and cleaning supplies. I’m an unabashed creature of habit. I like having all of my familiar cooking gear, exercise equipment, and stuff in general around me. Every day I find myself looking for some item that just happens to be at the OTHER domicile.
I can’t stand it!
Goals for the rest of the month will be modest:
1) Finish moving.
2) Establish new routine and schedule for cooking, working out, and commuting to work.
3) Keep scale weight under 140 lbs, including post-Turkey Day and PMS bloat week.
4) Talk to apartment complex to find out when to cut off electricity and water service.
5) If following the original November workout plan is not possible, at least use YF for 30-45 minutes five times a week.
Anyhow, I have just made the final break. I called up Brighthouse Networks and told them to cut off my cable Internet on Dec. 1. I can live with all kinds of deprivation and hardship, but no Internet at home will drive me out of the apartment faster than an infestation of giant Florida mosquitoes. 😉
Nutrition: Non-Training Day Menu
(SGX nutrition details omitted by request of trainer)
1: 3 oz. chicken, 2 squares corn bread
2: 3 oz. TVP, 1/2 c. sugar-free pasta sauce, 2 oz. low carb spaghetti
3: 3 oz. chicken, 1 slice pumpkin bread
4: 2/3 c. low fat cottage cheese, 2/3 c. peaches and strawberries
5: SGX meal
6: SGX meal
Daily Supplements: multivitamin with iron, calcium 500 + D, 1 T. flaxseed oil or natural peanut butter
Water: 16 cups minimum
7:00 PM YF Cardio or Core (45 minutes)
The Awful Truth:
1. Overdid the carbs yesterday; trying to clear out the remaining food in the apartment and could not face chugging any more whey.
1. Cleared out scary stuff from fridge.
2. Did the dishes.
3. Cooked chicken.
4. Took new IKEA catalog to the house to show Chris, who was so in love with the contents that he carried the catalog all over the house.
1. Update HandBase workout module.
2. Read two chapters from NASM book.
3. Bake new batch of carrot/pumpkin raisin bread.
4. Pack up 4 more boxes of stuff to take over to the house.
5. Clean the bathroom.
6. Clean the kitchen.