I hate to say it, but it looks like the Cheapass Challenge is going to be put on hold until I have the spare time to deal with all of the extra postings, tracking, and menu planning. Right now work is ramping up after half a year of near hibernation, and I am rediscovering my love of drawing. I also have a veggie garden to set up, some graphics courses and projects to complete, and a new home to square away. Moving to a house 25 miles away from work has also increased my daily round-trip commute time from 5 minutes to 90 minutes
Eating right and working out are now so ingrained in my daily life that I don’t need as much of the external reminders and framework anymore. Frankly, on days when I need to finish up concept sketches for work, fiddle around with the backend of Pinkdumbbells.com, complete some home improvement projects or do some sketching or computer illustration for myself, posting my every nibble of food and listing every minute of exercise seems like an egregious waste of limited time.
For the next three or four months, I am just going to take the pressure off my workouts and meals and do mix and match one week blocks of each of the following workout types to keep myself from getting bored:
1) Yourself Fitness (45 minutes/day main workout + 15 minutes yoga workout)
2) Eye Toy Kinetic (45 minutes/day – Personal Trainer Mode + 15 minutes taichi workout)
3) Gym with LISS cardio (Resistance workouts M/W/F, LISS cardio M-F)
4) Gym with HIIT cardio (Resistance workouts M/W/F, HIIT cardio T/Th/Sa)
4) P90X Classic (60-90 minutes/day)
Workouts will be in the mornings before work so I can maximize my art time in the evenings after work. I will try my hardest to get to bed by 11 PM and limit TV time to the weekends. (Alas, I have become addicted to BravoTV’s Project Runway and ABC’s Dancing with the Stars. CSI is starting to become repetitive, though. I think I’ve overdosed on the series by watching all three versions–original, New York, and Miami–for the past month.)
Meals will zigzag between 1200-1600 calories on regular days with two free meals a week. I’m going to avoid all dairy products except for low-fat organic yogurt cheese (basically yogurt with the watery whey strained out); a controlled lactose-intolerance test last week with milk, cottage cheese, and ice cream convinced me that my body is just happier living in lactose-free bliss. Yogurt cheese retains the protein content of the original yogurt, but most of the lactose sugar in the yogurt drains away with the whey when you make it. This means that yours truly can enjoy a fruity yogurt fix without the loud-enough-to-be-heard-in-the-next-state stomach gurgles that usually accompany a dairy snack. I’ll dig up the stats on this miracle food tonight.
Sorry for the change in plans, but, as you always hear, life happens.
The true challenge in switching to a healthy lifestyle isn’t in completing a 12 week challenge when the conditions are right; it is in maintaining your results through week after week of unchanging routine work days, major changes like relocation and job changes, and weeklong visits to Food=Love relatives.
1: 1 oz. walnuts, 3 T. raisins
2: 3×1 spinach omelette, 2 small tangerines
3: 1/2 c. yogurt cheese, 2 T. sugar-free grape preserves
4: 1/2 Chicken spinach pita pizza
5: 1/2 Chicken spinach pita pizza
6: 4 oz. sauteed tilapia, 3/4 c. cooked brown rice or 2 oz. WW pasta, 1 c. broccoli and B. sprouts
Daily Supplements: multivitamin with iron, calcium 500 + D, 1 T. flaxseed oil or natural peanut butter
Water: 16 cups minimum
8:00 AM Yourself Fitness (15 minutes)
3:00 PM 1 Mile Walk (4 mph / 15 minutes)
8:30 PM UBWO (Back emphasis / 45 minutes)
The Awful Truth:
1. Didn’t get to bed until 3 am last night! Ugh. I should have read a few pages from my old Organic Chem book.
1. Didn’t skip YF workout even though it was my least favorite: Flexibility.
1. Write up CAC meal plan, basics, and rules.
2. Fix remaining issues with Joomla migration at Pinkdumbbells.com.
3. Locate new Events module for PDB.
4. Upgrade Community Builder component at PDB.
5. Set up archived version of The Training Journal forum at PDB from Hershey Girlâ€™s backup.
6. Plant spring veggie garden; find organic solution for powdery stuff on eggplant leaves.
7. Make some homemade yogurt and yochee!