I did a bit of self-evaluation last night while working late and figured out why I’m suddenly possessed by the uncontrollable urge to cook, bake, and prepare so many healthy recipes I can’t even eat while on Kim’s plan: I’m using both Chris and my co-workers as my surrogate stomachs.
Somehow by feeding them the stuff I’d sort of like to have (and it isn’t even evil stuff–if I were doing BFL or another more laid back plan I could go ahead and have most of the meals I’ve been cooking for everyone else), I am getting a vicarious satisfaction that is almost as good as chowing down on the food myself.
I even bought Chris a sampler of Ferrero Rocher chocolates in a heart-shaped box ($2.50 on clearance next to the $3.99/lb Alaskan King crab legs at Winn-Dixie). This was partly because I do love him madly and think it’s unfair that only women usually receive chocolate in mid-February, but also because the little part of me that would kind of like one of those gold foil-wrapped balls o’ sugar and fat actually shuts up when my designated surrogate stomach (aka Chris) enjoys the treat instead.
I took the modified Key Lime Pie Cheesecake I baked the other night to work this morning for the same reason. If I can’t have any dairy-based foods under my current nutrition plan, and Chris was going to be out of town on business until Thursday night, I simply had to find some other remote tummies to do my eating for me.
Fortunately, the recipe doesn’t taste at all like a healthy dessert, so it has gone over quite well at work.
(*Diet and workout details omitted by agreement with trainer)
Meals – On plan
Water – 16 cups
Supplements – On plan
Regular (Non-Plan) Daily Supplements – multivitamin with iron, calcium 600 + D
12 days down, 72 more to go!
Weights – Done
Cardio – Rest
The Awful Truth:
1. Worked until 10 pm last night and couldn’t get to gym in time for evening cardio. Make up session on Wednesday or Saturday.
1. Brought key lime pie cheesecake to work to feed the co-workers.
2. Transferred current nutrition plan to Excel for easier tracking.
3. Increased weights on all leg exercises this morning.
1. Work on paper doll sketches.
2. Fix remaining issues with Joomla migration at Pinkdumbbells.com.
3. Locate new Events module for PDB.
4. Upgrade Community Builder component at PDB.
5. Set up archived version of The Training Journal forum at PDB from Hershey Girlâ€™s backup.
6. Upgrade WordPress to 2.0.
7. Do a bit more cooking.