It’s probably some form of blasphemy in the eyes of my ancestors, but I’ve started using oatmeal in much the same way that I used to use rice because it poofs up so much better. I mix in fat-free veggie and chicken stir fries with a nice, fluffy serving of plain old fashioned oatmeal, I use it as a side dish carb to go with my spicy sauteed fish filets, and I more or less treat it like I would a bowl of rice congee.
Don’t get me wrong–I do love my oats and raisins in the morning, but it’s amazing how good the stuff tastes with super hot Szechuan shrimp with Chinese vegetables, too.
Speaking of which, someone remind me to post the Szechuan shrimp recipe I used this week. It is quite tasty for those of you who enjoy (painfully spicy) healthy Chinese recipes. My nose is still running from my lunch serving, woohoo!
Today is my mother’s 56th birthday (Happy Birthday Mom!). I’m taking her out to dinner at the restaurant of her choice, and it will almost assuredly be a Chinese buffet establishment where I will only be able to partake of some sauceless cocktail shrimp, a big dry salad, and a side of fresh fruit, but hey, it’s only food, right?
(*Diet and workout details omitted by agreement with trainer)
Meals – On plan
Water – 14 cups
Supplements – On plan
Regular (Non-Plan) Daily Supplements – multivitamin with iron, calcium 600 + D
19 days down, 65 more to go!
Weights – Done
Cardio – 10 minutes elliptical, 15 minutes run, 15 minutes incline walk – Done
The Awful Truth:
1. Restocked necessary groceries and kitty litter.
2. Cooked cauliflower.
3. Posted guidelines for challenge with my sister on Pink Dumbbells.
4. Found great b-day present for Mom during lunch break.
1. Work on paper doll sketches.
2. Fix remaining issues with Joomla migration at Pinkdumbbells.com.
3. Locate new Events module for PDB.
4. Upgrade Community Builder component at PDB.
5. Set up archived version of The Training Journal forum at PDB from Hershey Girlâ€™s backup.
6. Upgrade WordPress to 2.0.
7. Transplant two tomato vines and plant Swiss Chard.
8. Stay on track during Mom’s birthday dinner.
9. Clear out mail inbox at home.
10. Finish taxes.
11. File receipts and statements.
12. Organize office.