I’m two meals away from completing my first week on Kim’s program. I didn’t take circumference measurements, but here are my weight and body fat stats so far:
Start (2/8/06): 140.0 lbs, 21.5% bf
Current (2/15/06): 137.4 lbs, 20.5% bf
I’ve been eating the same basic meals every day this past week and checking off each workout in my planner, which just goes to show that consistency in diet and exercise really are the keys to making progress. It seems that I can work out all I want, but if I don’t keep accurate tabs on my food intake, I just wind up maintaining. This being the case, I’ll probably never be able to just eye things as suggested by the Body-for-Life book. I get the best results when I log, calculate, and track every bite, or at least stick to food combos and recipes with known statistics.
I guess I’ll just have to save the variety for maintenance months.
I’m heading out tonight after work to meet up with Guava and maybe Chameleon from the John Stone Fitness Forums before Saturday’s official Orlando JSF Cheat Meal with the other local and visiting board members. I always have a jolly time when I meet other fitness nuts; it makes me feel like I’m almost normal.
Tomorrow night will be a quick stop at the company happy hour at Kitty O’Shea’s followed by the weekly Sketchsouth drawing group at B&N. I should be able to get in meal 5 before the company function and munch meal 6 at the B&N cafe with no problems. The tricky part will be to get up early enough in the morning to knock out my scheduled weights and cardio with an additional 20 minutes of make-up cardio on top of it all.
(*Diet and workout details omitted by agreement with trainer)
Meals – On plan
Water – 15 cups
Regular (Non-Plan) Daily Supplements – multivitamin with iron, calcium 600 + D
6 days down, 78 more to go!
Weights – Done
Cardio – Postponed until Wednesday/Saturday due to time constraints
The Awful Truth:
1. Stayed on plan even during Valentine’s dinner. 🙂
2. Updated Palm calendar with new training and nutrition plan entries.
3. Down 1% body fat and 2.5 lbs in one week.
1. Work on paper doll sketches.
2. Fix remaining issues with Joomla migration at Pinkdumbbells.com.
3. Locate new Events module for PDB.
4. Upgrade Community Builder component at PDB.
5. Set up archived version of The Training Journal forum at PDB from Hershey Girlâ€™s backup.
6. Upgrade WordPress to 2.0.
7. Finish veggie planting and put in flowers.
8. Work on being more consistent with sleep.