If anyone is looking for a hardcore fitness and nutrition challenge in August, check out John Stone’s August 100 Challenge.
Here’s the blurb from the site on the rules and requirements:
This premise of this challenge is pretty simple: Each participant starts the month of August with 100 points. A point is deducted each time a workout is missed, a meal is missed, an unscheduled “cheat” meal or snack is consumed or a daily update to your official challenge post is missed. The goal, of course, is to finish the month with 100 points!
Here are the rules:
1) This challenge is for people who want to commit themselves 100%. Please don’t join if you are not prepared to give a total effort.
2) The challenge begins on August 1, 2006. You must have your starting post up by then. You can not join the challenge after August 1st.
3) It doesn’t matter if you are cutting, bulking or maintaining. The common goal here is 100% consistency.
4) Each person participating in the challenge should start a post in this thread. Your Official Challenge post must be updated each and every day in August. The updates won’t take long (examples below). If you miss an update, you must deduct a point. Please note that you should edit your existing Official Challenge post–don’t start a new post every day.
5) Miss a workout for any reason, deduct a point.
6) Miss a meal for any reason, deduct a point.
7) Eat an unscheduled “cheat” meal or snack, deduct a point.
Feel free to post before/after pictures if you like (optional).
Of course this challenge is based on the honor system. You can cheat, but that would be pointless.
To see a sample challenge check-in post and sign up, visit the 100 Challenge forum.
1. 1/3 c. oatmeal, 3 T. raisins, 1 whole egg, 3 egg whites
2. peach, 1/2 scoop whey, 1/2 c. light soy milk
3. 4 oz. chicken breast, 1/3 c. (dry) oatmeal, 1 c. Mandarin veggie mix
4. 1 unsalted rice cake, 1/2 T. all-natural peanut butter, 1 scoop whey
5. 4 oz. chicken breast, 3 c. Romaine salad, 2 T. Kraft Free Zesty Italian dressing
6. 1 c. light soy milk, 1 scoop whey
Water: 16 cups
Supplements: multivitamin, calcium 600+D, EAS l-glutamine
Calories: 1358 calories (47.4% carb/37.2% pro/17.6% fat)
* Recumbent Bike (40 min)
* YF Cardio (30 min)
Calories burned: 472 calories
DEFICIT: -779 cal (Target: -632 cal/day)
BUDGET NOTES: None