Well, I did indeed have a killer cheat meal with Mommy and Daddy Wang last night: Two heaping bowls of Chinese beef noodles with spinach, scallions, and homemade kimchee, lots of delicious garlic jumbo shrimp, and a bag of light kettle corn.
I didn’t bother to weigh my puffy but happy self this morning because I know I’m at least 2 lbs over my actual weight from last night’s cheat meal and TOM water weight.
I did take advantage of my carb boost by doing a 5k timed run this morning after warming up with YF cardio for 15 minutes. It was f$#!$# HOT outside and pretty miserable the entire route, but I got back in just under 29 minutes at 28:57. That means I have until September 30 to knock off 2 minutes from my time to beat my best official 5k time.
I know, I know. I’m a slowpoke. :tongue:
This means that I MUST get down to goal weight and/or body fat by early September so I can start raising my calories and carbs enough to actually work on speed and endurance in running. Right now I’m just getting through my running cardio sessions through sheer pigheadedness.
I finished up another 15 minutes of YF cardio after the run and will try to squeeze in a lunch hour 1 mile walk around the office complex in a bit.
Groceries for this week came out to $15.03 because I had to replenish my raisins and cooking spray. I also picked up 18 eggs for $1 that I probably won’t even use until next week. The soup, salad, and extra broccoli I had this week that weren’t part of my regular groceries set my budget back $1.75, but I’ve been so frugal in the previous 2 weeks that I now have $133.60 (or $16.70/week) left in my budget for the remaining 8 weeks.
* Note: I may actually subtract the cooking spray since I barely used the can from Week 0. I’ve been steaming all of my eggs instead of making omelettes, and my lunches and dinners have been “cooked” from scratch in La Microwave with no added fats. My boyfriend has been rather profligate in his use of the spray however, so perhaps I will count that first can as HIS expense and not part of my challenge. 🙂 The same goes for half the bananas from last week. I only got two or three out of the seven I bought because Chris suddenly developed a banana craving.
Amount spent so far (out of $480 budget for 12 weeks): $346.40
1. 1/3 c. oatmeal, 3 T. raisins, 1 whole egg, 3 egg whites
2. 1 peach, 1/2 scoop whey, 1/2 c. light soy milk
3. 4 oz. chicken breast, 1/3 c. (dry) oatmeal, 1 c. Mandarin veggie mix
4. 1 unsalted rice cake, 1/2 T. all-natural peanut butter, 1 scoop whey
5. Chinese beef noodles, garlic shrimp, light kettle corn (Official weekly cheat meal!)
6. 2 c. light soy milk
Water: 16 cups
Supplements: multivitamin, calcium 600+D, EAS l-glutamine, Instone Pre-Workout Intensity
Calories: 1974 calories (49.8% carb/35.3% pro/17.6% fat)
* YF Core (30 min)
* Lower body workout (60 min)
Calories burned: 557 calories
DEFICIT: -248 cal (Target: -632 cal/day)
BUDGET NOTES: None