My cough woke me up this morning at 3:25 AM. I had to get up and down some water and cold meds to get back to sleep for another three hours, which was not optimal, but I still got over 7 hours total.
I decided to cancel my training session at the gym and just do TT today. I was short on time and feeling somewhat pulled down from the cough and broken sleep so I opted to try one of the December TT 10-minute workouts just to get SOMETHING done this morning.
Ten minutes 45 seconds later, my a** was officially kicked.
I think it was the three sets of burpees, sheesh.
I still plan to do my regular TT for Women workout B and a shoulder workout when I get home tonight and have a little more time, but that was a fantastic wake up call. Now I will never be able to use “not enough time” as an excuse to not get in an intense workout session.
– TT 10-Minute Workout 1
1a) DB Squat (3×12 @ 20, 40, 40)
1a) DB Squat (3×8 @ 20, 30, 30)
1a) DB Squat (3×10 @ 20, 30, 30)
2) Burpees (3×30 second)
– 1.5 mi walk (25 min)
– TT Workout B (will post actual weights lifted tonight after workout)
1) 3 egg whites, 1 oz. raisins, 1/2 c. oats
2) Pineapple soy protein smoothie
3) 4 oz. turkey breast, 4 oz. seasoned sweet potato wedges, 1 c. mixed veggie stir fry
4) 3/4 c. LF cottage cheese, 3/4 c. grapes
5) 4 oz. tilapia filet, 1 c. stir-fried cabbage and green beans, 0.5 oz. almonds
PWO) 1 scoop dextrose, 1 scoop whey, 1 serving BCAA
6) 1 c. light soy milk, 1/2 scoop whey, 0.5 oz. almonds
Supps: 1 multivitamin, 1 calcium 600+D, 6 fish oil caps, 2 servings BCAAs, 1 serving l-Glutamine
Approx. 1866 calories at 43% carb/38% pro/19% fat