I just made this bar yesterday morning on the fly. It turned out pretty well, but you do need a specific flavor of whey protein powder made by Dymatize Elite for best results. (I got my canister of the stuff from Bodybuilding.com using a 10% off coupon code: ComeBack10PerOff. Go to the store via Ebates.com first, and get another 7% off–plus an additional $5 bonus from Ebates if you are a new member.)
Butter Toffee Pecan Bar
(Recipe for 1 serving)
- 1/4 cup Cereal, crispy rice, 1.0 oz per cup
- 1/2 tbsp Butter, peanut, chunky, salted, 0.6 oz per T
- 1 1/2 tbsps Water
- 3 pieces Pecans, dried, halves, average (20 per oz), chopped
- 3/4 scoop Dymatize Elite Whey (Butter Cream Toffee flavor)
1. Combine peanut butter and protein powder in a bowl and use a fork to cut the peanut butter into the powder evenly until the mixture has a relatively fine, crumbly texture.
2. Chop the nuts coarsely and add to the protein powder and peanut butter mixture.
3. Add the water sparingly a little at a time and knead the mixture into a firm and slightly stick dough.
4. Flatten the dough with your hands until it is almost 1/2 inch thick.
5. Press each side of the dough firmly into the crispy rice cereal. Roll up the dough and flatten out again to work the cereal into the bar. Pick up the remaining cereal in the same way until all of it is embedded in the dough.
6. Shape the dough into a bar. Eat immediately or store in a plastic bag or wrap in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Information Per Serving:
Calories: 189 calories
Carb: 10.8 g
Fiber: 1 g
Protein: 20.1 g
Fat: 8.28 g
Sat Fat: 1.05 g
Polyunsat Fat: 1.92 g
Monounsat Fat: 3.81 g