Chris is starting to swim again for cardio, which is cool. I had him give me a basic swim lesson refresher this weekend in the dinky neighborhood pool. I apparently kick fine, but have not mastered the important skill known as “How to Breathe While Swimming” yet.
I think I will attempt to practice my swimming (or breathing, really) at least 2 days a week for the entire summer.
Yesterday was good on food and exercise. I closed the day at 1550 calories, and felt good about my TT workout and intervals in the morning. This morning I opted to do another outdoor run (I know, I know…two days in a row. It’s a wonder the earth hasn’t fallen out of its orbit from the shock.) for 20 minutes of steady state and 10 minutes of intervals. I’ll be hitting my abs during lunch with some stability ball moves, and then YF flexibility for 30 minutes at home tonight.
Food will be at 1250-1300 calories and lower carb today, so the goal is to keep myself busy enough to not notice the hunger pangs and carb restriction grumps.
Weight: 139.5 lbs
– Outdoor Run (20 minutes medium-intensity steady-state, 10 minutes HIIT)
– Core and OARS #2 (15 minutes)
– YF Flexibility (30 minutes)
1) 30 g raisins, 30 g oatmeal, 3 egg whites
2) 1 small banana, 1 medium pear
3) 4 oz. tilapia, 1 c. asparagus veggie mix, 1/2 c. brown rice
4) 1.5 scoops whey
5) 4 oz. coconut chicken breast, 3 c. spinach/lettuce salad, 2 T. Kraft Free Sweet & Spicy French dressing
6) 1 scoop whey, 1 c. light soy milk
Supps: 1 multivitamin, 1 calcium 600+D, 3 fish oil caps, 1 serving l-glutamine