…to keep having dreams that you are already married but somehow can’t remember anything at all about the ceremony or reception?
Honestly, I don’t FEEL stressed about the wedding when I’m awake, but every few days I have a dream that it’s the day after the wedding already or that I’m in the middle of the reception. It’s just weird because the ceremony itself is always skipped. I have this sense of relief that everything is finally over coupled with a feeling of disappointment that I somehow blacked out during all the good parts, hah!
Stuff to do for the next week and a half:
– My sister arrives tomorrow night to help with some of the last wedding details, including helping me hem my $99 David’s Bridal gown and putting together all of the party favor boxes.
– Finish writing vows and email them to the officiant
– Send wedding day schedule to DJ, photographer, and videographer
– Try not to hyperventilate or :eekb: when thinking about how much I paid last Saturday at the florist for a few pounds of artistically-arranged flowers.
– Call up Taiwanese and American bakeries and order 6 regular sized cakes from each. (Big fat wedding cakes are overrated. I’d rather let my guests pick what they want from a selection like this: Decadent Desserts at Publix and fruity Taiwanese cakes.)
– Finish Badgley Mischka dress, just in case.
– Sew strapless, flared Butterick (B4389) dress for rehearsal dinner. I have it already cut out in a slightly stretchy gunmetal blue-grey satin with a textured white chiffon overlay printed with stylized blue-grey leaves.
– Keep up with my meals and workouts. I’m putting the TT hardcore fat loss program on hold and going on autopilot with a combination of Yourself Fitness, P90X, Forza, and interval cardio workouts for the next two weeks. I have been forced to admit that I have too much stuff to do and need the convenience of being able to fall out of bed into my trusty Asics and just start doing my daily workout clad in my PJs without going through the usual pre-gym rigamarole of finding a semi-cute outfit, convincing my hair not to stand straight up, eating something light at least 30 minutes before my TT session so I won’t have a lame workout, and driving out to the gym.
I’m looking forward to seeing a lot of friends and family next week, but whew…a small part of me (which apparently likes to take over my REM sleep) really does wish this was all behind me already.
That Key West honeymoon can’t arrive soon enough for me.