I got in a combined 2K3 upper and lower body workout this morning that has completed wasted me even though I cut the number of sets per exercise down from three to two. Losing 2 cups of blood tends to tank my strength levels for a few days afterwards. I did some mega supersets with two lower body exercises immediately followed by two upper body exercises, for a total of 8 warm up sets and 24 working sets. I had to drop my weight down in RDLs, though, because my lower back was feeling wonky.
My plan is to do some skating or the advanced athletic workout from Shapeshift after work or tomorrow morning for my intervals, and focus on eating clean!
The February monthly fitness challenge at Pink Dumbbells kicks off today, too, so if you would like some daily support to keep you on task with your workouts and nutrition, consider stopping by and joining us. We have voluntary daily accountability check-ins, optional mini-challenges, and lots of support and/or virtual kicks in the pants, whichever you prefer.
My objectives for the challenge are:
– Lose 1 lb of gratuitous jiggle per week
– Exercise 360 minutes per week with 100% exercise compliance
– Lift weights 4 days/week on M/T/Th/F following the TT Get Lean/Gain Mass with Abs/Shoulder day and TT Ultimate Mass programs
– Intervals immediately following TT sessions 4 days/week; may sub steady-state cardio for 30 mins if too worn out by main TT workout
– 1 hour middle-intensity cardio and/or other activity (most likely skating + flexibility work) Wed/Sat; missed interval sessions can also be made up on these days.
– Sunday off
– ONE cheat meal per week (Tightening up my nutrition now that I’m down to 8 weeks in the TT challenge)
– No candy, white flour goods, popcorn, or cashews (other nuts okay, but cashews are too addictive for me)
– Modify nutrition plan after 2 weeks if necessary.
– TT 2K3 Workout A & B Combo (60 min/ 597 cals burned)
A1) Sumo Squat (2Ã—8 @ 200 lbs)
A2) DB Standing Shoulder Press (2Ã—8 @ 25 lbs)
A3) Chin-ups (2×6 @ Bodyweight)
A4) DB Chest Press (2×8 @ 40 lbs)
B1) Barbell RDL (2Ã—8 @ 135, 115 lbs)
B2) Stability Ball Jackknife (2Ã—15)
B3) BB Row (2×10 @ 75 lbs)
B4) DB Low-Incline Press (2×10 @ 35 lbs)
C1) BB Forward Lunge (2Ã—8 @ 95 lbs)
C2) Stability Ball Leg Curl (2Ã—15)
C3) Decline Push-ups (2×12)
C4) DB Incline Biceps Curl (2×12 @ 20 lbs/15 lbs (8 rep/4 rep and 5 rep/7 rep))
M1: 53 g. Kashi Go Lean Crunch, 3/4 scoop vanilla protein powder, 1/2 c. water
M2: 1/2 c. Fiber One, 2 T. raisins, 4 egg whites
M3: 1 c. rice, 4 oz. Korean beef bul go ki with mushrooms, ~1/2 c. assorted kimchi
M4: 1 pink lady apple, 3 egg whites
M5: 3 oz. grilled chicken breast, 1 c. asparagus veggie mix, 1 apple
M6: 1 c. light soy milk, 1/2 scoop protein, 1 T. cocoa, 1/2 oz. nuts