Chris and I are back from what is hopefully our last out of town flight of the year. We flew up to Pittsburgh this past Friday for a wedding (#3 this year) and got back last night in time to drive directly to my Dad’s favorite Chinese buffet restaurant and celebrate Father’s Day with my parents.
The bride was beautiful, the groom was relieved it all went off without any disasters, the mother of the bride was a basket case, and a jolly time was had by all.
And naturally, too much food was consumed.
I was so full last night after a weekend of big group breakfast buffets and barbecues, not to mention Dad’s buffet dinner, that I felt like I couldn’t breathe. When I hooked up the karaoke machine in the living room last night to practice a few songs, I found that I wasn’t imagining the sensation. I literally could not move my diaphragm enough to take a deep enough breath to sing some notes!
Can we say, “Blargh?”
Today, I amtrying our best to get back to a normal schedule with work, exercise, and meals. I was so tired of dealing with food last night that I didn’t do any bulk cooking when we finally got home, but we luckily had a boxed steak and potatoes meal we ordered at the Pittsburgh Airport in the fridge, so we are good through lunch with each of us taking half. I added a quick protein and soy milk shake and some fruit to my lunch bag, and off I went this morning. The only exercise I got in this weekend was a BFL-style HIIT run yesterday morning and some walking Saturday night. I’m feeling distinctly sluggish, tired, and overfed at the moment.
I am experiencing what it is like to be a Normal American.
This really will not do. Someone hand me my Mizuno Wave Precisions and Powerblocks.
Miss Maggie is back on the workout wagon TONIGHT.
– YF Core (15 min)
– NROL Break-In Workout A (30 min)
– Shapeshift Bodyweight interval circuit (4 rounds)
1) 2 Chocolate soy protein brownies (Recipe to follow when I figure out how to make them a bit fluffier), 3 egg whites, 1 whole egg
2) 1/2 c. light soy milk, 3/4 scoop banana whey protein isolate, 1/2 T. cocoa powder
3) 4 oz. potato wedges, 3 oz. steak, 1 c. mixed veggies
4) 1 steamed Chinese roll, 1 medium orange
5) 4 oz. sauteed grouper, 1/2 c. spinach, 1/2 c. eggplant in garlic sauce, 1/2 c. rice and 7-grain pilaf