I dropped further down to 144.8 lbs this morning. I know my favorite camo hip huggers are riding lower because the hems are dragging on the ground, and my belt is on the second to last hole. Dear readers, methinks I am melting away from the belly button on outwards again. I might even achieve my goal of 5 lbs of fat loss for September at this rate. Shocking!
Note to self: 90% or greater workout and nutrition compliance plus reducing exposure to known food intolerances like dairy and wheat does actually work if you stick with it for more than 3 days in a row*.
*Indeed, sometimes it will take 3 WEEKS in a row before you see results. It sucks, but there you have it. Welcome to Mature Womanhood. I learned a while ago that you can either whine about this unfairness and dive into a vat of Ben & Jerry’s, or swallow the bitter pill of truth and just DO IT.
I got up at a decent hour today and got through Red Carpet Ready Workout B-1 in 63 minutes, including the movement prep warm up circuit. I did not do the recommended 5-10 minutes of general warm up (bad me, I know), but it didn’t seem to hurt my workout. I liked B-1 better than Monday’s workout despite the fact that it seemed to burn fewer calories (only 444 calories). The leg exercise sequences felt more challenging (I hate fire hydrants and split squats), and I switched to using a folding chair with an 18″ tall seat as my step this time around instead of the lower lock box I used on Monday.
I also, I confess, used 10 lb dumbbells for all of the weighted exercises even though some of them called for lighter loads. Two of them were supposed to be performed with 8 lb weights, but since my Powerblocks only adjust to 5, 7.5, and 10 lbs, I opted to go a little higher instead of 1/2 lb lighter. Anyway, I felt like I got a better workout that way and it didn’t compromise my ability to complete the other exercises in the circuits.
1. 60 g dried cranberries, raisins, and oatmeal; 3 egg whites
2. 1/6 chicken pot pie, 1 c. green beans, 1/2 apple
3. 10 almonds, 20 g raisins, 1/2 apple
4. 1 scoop chocolate protein powder, 1/2 c. baby carrots
5. 4 oz. lean sirloin steak, 1.5 c. Brussels sprouts
6. 1/2 c. light soy milk, 1 scoop protein, 1/2 c. garlic cauliflower mash
Water: 16 cups
Supplements: multivitamin, calcium 600+D, 6 fish oil capsules
* RCR B-1 (63 min including breaks to check the exercise descriptions to make sure I was doing everything right; 444 calories burned)
* 100 Push Ups W4D1 (15 min; 21/25/21/21/42)
* Incline Walk @ 3.5 mph/6% incline + Run @ 6 mph/0% incline (30 min total)