So I’ve owned my Polar F6 heart rate monitor for almoost two years now, and it wasn’t until today that I learned just how awesome this gadget can be.
Sure, I’ve used it to track the calories burned during my workouts before and even pushed some random buttons and discovered the weekly exercise log within the watch, but I had never followed up on the Polar WebLink capability of the F6.
Polar WebLink is the software you can download for free from [B][url]http://www.polarpersonaltrainer.com[/url][/B] after you register (also free) that will allow you to upload the stored data from your Polar HRM to your online Polar Personal Trainer account. There, you can view a week by week calendar of all of your exercise sessions including duration and calories burned, and edit the data for each session with the type of exercise performed, notes, speed, etc. There are also pre-set workout programs you can choose to follow.
To upload your data, you start up the Polar WebLink software and click a few buttons to put your computer into Listen mode. (You should have a microphone connected to your computer.) Then you navigate to the file Send page on your Polar watch, place your watch near your mic, and hit OK to start sending a series of beeps, clicks, and random staticky noises to your Polar account.
Seriously, I am so in love with this function that I may never take my chest strap off again.
I was so focused on getting in more minutes on the HRM at the gym (so I could upload more data!) that I didn’t notice they were closing up shop around me until one of the staff members tapped on my recumbent bike and mouthed, “We’re closed.”
1. Oatmeal pancakes (60 g ground oatmeal, 1 whole egg, 1 T. powdered low fat buttermilk, 1/2 t. baking powder, 1/2 t. baking soda, 1/4 t. salt); 3 egg whites scrambled with 1/4 mashed garlic cauliflower, 1 T. clover honey
2. 1 Thai summer roll with shrimp, 1/2 T. dipping sauce, 1.5 oz. curry beef jerky
3. 10 almonds, 20 g raisins
4. 3 oz. Oriental sesame chicken breast strips
5. Planned Cheat Dinner @ Elephant Bar:small Jamaican Mojo salad with almonds, Seared Ahi Tuna salad with roasted tomatoes, bell peppers, mixed field greens, seaweed salad, edamame, and Asian vinaigrette
6. 10 almonds
Water: 16 cups
Supplements: multivitamin, calcium 600+D, 6 fish oil capsules
* RCR 3 HIIT Run (30 min)
* Steady-state recumbent bike (10 min)
* YF Meditation Garden Yoga (15 min)