That’s what the hems of my pants are starting to do–dragging on the ground because I’ve started to drop fat from my upper hip area and those pants are all starting to hang lower from my body.
My upper body is leaning out from the waist line on up and down. It’s still early days, but I think I’ll be able to hang onto most of my shoulder mass this time around instead of looking so flat when I reach goal. Technically, at 143 pounds I’m at the same scale weight that I started my first Body for Life challenge at way back in May 2004, but my arms, chest, waist, and legs look a lot better than they did back then thanks to the magic of resistance training. I’m also wearing smaller clothes than I was back then, which is also a nice perk.
I took my planned weekly cheat meal today at Red Bamboo, my favorite Thai restaurant near the office. I had the panang curry with beef, veggies, and rice as well as a fish cake appetizer with cucumber dipping sauce. The rice made me drowsy in the afternoon, but it was sooooo delicious. I really must take another look at my Weight Watchers Take Out Tonight cookbook and attempt a curry recipe from the Thai food chapter. There must be a way to achieve the same flavors without the excess calories and high price tag.
This morning’s RCR B-1 workout was completed in 52 minutes and burned 397 calories. I had another pre-workout breakfast and kicked some major butt in the session. I’m most definitely sticking with the pre-exercise eats from now on. I’ll be doing a Powerstrike Forza workout for kicks after I finish up this post. Direct shoulder work gets kind of boring for me, but I love swinging a bokken around!
In other alternative cardio news, I’m hoping to return to Rebounderz soon to check out one of their calorie-blasting CardioRobics fitness classes. The classes are 45 minutes long and involve bouncing around the 6,000 square foot trampoline court. That’s all I know so far, but I can’t wait to give a full report!
1. 60 g oats and raisins, 3 egg whites, 1/4 c. mashed cauliflower, 5 pieces pickled chili radishes, 2 packets Chinese hawthorn fruit snacks (~40 cal)
2. 10 almonds, 20 g raisins
3. (Cheat meal) 6 Thai fish cakes with cucumber sauce, ~1 cup Panang curry with beef and veggies, ~1 cup white rice
4. 6 oz. tofu, 1 t. Szechuan chili paste, 1/2 c. sugar snap pea veggie mix in oyster sauce, 1 peach
5. 3 oz. cranberry chicken breast, 1 c. broccoli and bok choy in oyster sauce
6. 1 boiled egg, 1 egg white, 1/2 c. broccoli and bok choy in oyster sauce, 6 almonds
7. (Forza PWO) 1 chocolate protein fudgsicle
Water: 16 cups
Supplements: multivitamin, calcium 600+D, 6 fish oil capsules
* RCR B-1 (53 min; 398 calories burned)
* Powerstrike Forza (60 min)