A few weeks ago I wrote about creating a do it yourself 5k race on November 9, 2008 in which you would pick the route and time of your 5k walk/run/skate/etc., then donate the $20 you would normally have to pay for an official 5k to a charity of your choice. Many of the current participants in the Pink Dumbbells Lean, Mean Halloween challenge decided to give this a shot as part of a mini-challenge thrown out there by Irene/eyeballrene to find and participate in a 5k on November 9, so I offered to come up with a downloadable t-shirt design that could be printed out on iron-on inkjet transfer paper and used to make our own semi-official race shirts.
Here it is (click here to bring up the full-size, high resolution version for printing on DARK iron-on transfer paper that does not require a reverse image):
If you are using LIGHT iron-on transfer paper that needs to be printed with a mirrored/reversed image, please download from here instead. I recommend using the Windows Picture and Fax Viewer to print your t-shirt designs. Right-click on the saved image on your desktop, choose Open With… > Windows Picture and Fax Viewer > Click on the Printer logo > Choose 8×10 in. Cut Out Print.
Anyone who wants to participate is welcome to download the design to make their own shirts. If you do decide to join us in running or walking 5k around YOUR neck of the woods, I’d love to hear about the charity you decided to support and even see some pics of your DIY race shirts!
P.S. If you need help mapping a 5k route, check out MapMyRun.com, a site with free tools to plot and measure the distance of any course.
1. 3 egg whites, 1 medium Gala apple
2. 3 oz. raspberry chicken breast, 1 c. peas and green beans, 1/2 c. brown rice
3. 14g almonds, 20g raisins & dried cranberries, 1 tangerine
4. 4 oz. sauteed tofu, 1 t. chili paste, 85g baby carrots, 1 T. ANPB
5. 1 peanut butter protein popsicle, 1/4 c. soy milk, 1/2 scoop protein powder, 1 c. green beans and bell pepper, 1/4 c. organic trail mix with seeds, soy nuts, dates, and dried cranberries
6. 1 whole egg, 1 egg white, 5 pieces chili radish
* Outdoor HIIT Run (25 min; 15 second full sprint + 45 second jog/recovery)
* Outdoor Walk/Sprint (15 min)