I did finish up my W6D2 100 Push Ups workout last night with 60 reps (57 was the requirement) in my fifth set. I wish I could report that I also did my YF Cardio last night and RCR circuit A1 this morning, but nope…I got 7 hours of solid sleep instead. I’m going to shoot for my 15 minute walk and hopefully 20 minutes of skating (if the weather cooperates–it’s looking kind of cloudy) to make up for yesterday’s missed cardio during lunch. RCR will have to wait until tonight. Doing 3 rounds of each circuit takes me close to an hour, so I need to set aside a solid block of time for it. Val said in one of her weekly RCR Club chats that breaking up the workouts into separate chunks throughout the day would not provide optimal results.
I kind of like getting it all done in one shot anyway.
I took a look at the RCR meal options last night and came up with five different menus I wouldn’t mind following, including one with higher carbs, one with lower carbs, and a few middle-of-the-road versions. I’m still staying away from meal selections that contain dairy or wheat as I’ve been feeling GREAT since I cut these two food groups out–no sluggishness, bloating, or afternoon tummy gurgles. This should make my grocery shopping and planning a lot easier each week until the end of the contest. I’ll post my selections this weekend.
I don’t think we have any social commitments this weekend, so I’m going into Weekend Productivity Warrior mode to tackle some personal projects and home maintenance:
* Weed and clear out the square foot garden and replant with fall/winter veggies like Swiss chard, radishes, beets, greens, and bok choy
* Plant flower bulbs
* Tear out the ratty marigold border and replace with fall annuals
* Shop and bulk cook for Week 4 of RCR
* Refashion at least 5 shrunken tees into usable workout tops
* Get through four Xara Xtreme graphics tutorials from the learning CD
* Draft a pattern from my favorite pair of workout pants
* Update October’s budget
* Fall housecleaning!
1. Oatmeal pancakes (1 T. powdered buttermilk, 1/2 egg, 50 g ground oatmeal, water, baking powder, baking soda), 3 egg whites scrambled with 1/2 c. French cut green beans, 1 T. honey
2. 3 oz. roast chicken breast, 1 c. green beans, 1/2 c. brown rice
3. 10 almonds, 20 g raisins
4. 6 oz. sauteed tofu, 1 nectarine, 1 t. chili paste
5. 2 hard boiled eggs, 1/2 c. natural apple sauce
6. 4 oz. flounder, 1 c. Brussels sprouts, 1 protein fudgsicle
Water: 16 cups
Supplements: multivitamin, calcium 600+D, 6 fish oil capsules
* PDB walk (15 min)
* Skate or YF Cardio (Make up session; 20-30 min)
* RCR Circuit A-1 (~60 min)