Hey! It’s my 1000th post here at Caustic Musings!
Who knew I’d be so wordy for so many years?
So today was not the cleanest day in the history of healthy eats for me. As I mentioned before, I had a pool party/BBQ to attend this afternoon, but I was bringing some burgers of my own making which I knew would be relatively healthy, and the host had told me that there would be both a fruit and veggie platter available.
I figured I’d be safe if I just stuck to one of my own burgers eaten with lettuce instead of a bun and combined with a plate loaded with fresh raw veggies and fruit. I even dragged DH to the gym with me before the party so we could both get in some metabolism stoking workouts–a 30 minute HIIT run for me and the 30 minute “express circuit” for Chris.
Everything went according to plan until around 5 PM when I saw it: A pristine, unopened box of butter toffee popcorn with peanuts.
OMG! Fiddle Faddle!
Yes, I had some. One cup at least. It was divine, and NOT one of the items on my 100% forbidden list; I also allot one full cheat meal (yesterday’s Thai lunch) and one cheat item (e.g. an off-plan carb or protein item with an otherwise clean meal) per week. And at least I had it with some grilled jerk chicken and a pile of veggies instead of one of the brats or hotdogs and a mountain of chips. I even got in some light swimming, kicking water, and throwing/catching in the pool to offset the damage.
My husband and co-workers found an even more amusing way to burn off their lunches. (Sorry for the poor video quality. I took this on my phone.)
In any case, DH and I weren’t particularly hungry after getting back from the party, so I wound up snacking on only about 250 calories worth of additional snacks for the day. (I’m trying to pay more attention to my body’s real hunger signals.) I should still log a decent deficit for today and am not worried about tomorrow’s stat and photo update.
1. 60 g oats and raisins, 4 egg whites, 1/4 c. mashed cauliflower, 5 pieces pickled chili radishes
2. 3 oz. sauteed tofu, 1/2 t. chili paste, 1 c. garlic ginger luffa squash
3. 10 almonds, 20 g raisins
4. 1 Korean BBQ burger patty on lettuce leaves, 1 T. ketchup, 2 slices jalapeno peppers, 1 cup cut fresh fruit, 2 hard pretzels
5. ~3 oz. Jamaican jerk chicken, 1 cup butter toffee popcorn, 7 grape tomatoes, ~ 1/2 cup raw veggies
6. 1/2 oz. dry-roasted peanuts, 1 bag Japanese rice crackers (135 cal), 1 pack hawthorn fruit snack (20 cal)
Water: 16 cups
Supplements: multivitamin, calcium 600+D, 6 fish oil capsules
* HIIT Treadmill Run using Turbulence Training intervals (30 min)
* 100 Push Ups W5D2 (20/24/20/22/80 max)
* Recreational pool time! (45 min)