What I like about making these dolls is that each one presents a new challenge that keeps things fresh. This week’s project was to transform the latest Prince of Persia into a Sackboy, sword, clawed gauntlet, hair, clothing, and all.
It took longer than any of the other dolls I’ve made, but it was well worth the effort. I got to glue gun some polymer clay onto yarn for the first time, too. 🙂
This one took a while because of the amount of costume pieces needed in addition to the base body plus the need to root 3/4 of a head of hair and make, bake, and paint the accessories. I also sewed in a real zipper this time around.
Here’s a reference image of the original character for those who aren’t familiar with him.
I used Red Heart Buff for the exposed skin areas (head, upper arms, body), Red Heart Black for the inside of the mouth and the hair, Caron Simply Soft Berry Blue and Red Heart Soft Paprika for the head wrap and pants, Red Heart Soft in Toast for the vest, and Red Heart Cafe for the leg wraps, belt, glove and gauntlet. The silver on the left gauntlet was crocheted out of silver DMC floss. The vest was made with a shell stitch and the long trailer scarves were double crochet.
I finished up the sword and gauntlet claw tips today using FIMO polymer clay and silver acrylic paint. The tips are attached with a hot glue gun.